The New Sled Thread

mikerider

Haven't heard much news about QuebecRiders getting new sleds this year.

Bought mine today. Last four sleds were 900 ACE's, needed something different. Maybe at 70 I needed one more hot rod before I get too old.

'24 MXZ  600R two stroke short track (129). 

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

Mike I think it will be a great time seeing how you ride out of the same location everyday.  I think you are going to be nimble. Lol. Oh yea stay on the trail. 

Congratulations Mike!

I wish you many dream meter miles!!

Thanks everyone.  Got my hot rod, probably won't drive any faster than before, but I will feel and look younger on this new sled.  And the excitement index for this coming winter is through the roof.  Reading DooTalk, never heard of the 600R engine going down.  Shop foreman at my dealer says they haven't had one 600R go down yet in the several years they have been available.

Steve, I really wanted a Polaris but they are pricier. I worry Polaris dealers are so backed up on recalls that if I had a problem the sled may stay too long in the shop waiting for it to get worked on. The Matryx is still the best sled I have ever driven.

And Eastmark. Tell Lisa she can try my new sled if I can try her new Cat Turbo!!!

I thought my new sled would attract all all the women. But after seeing Mark's new Lynx, I will have to settle being his wing man.

mike

21 hours ago, mikerider said:

Thanks everyone.  Got my hot rod, probably won't drive any faster than before, but I will feel and look younger on this new sled.  And the excitement index for this coming winter is through the roof.  Reading DooTalk, never heard of the 600R engine going down.  Shop foreman at my dealer says they haven't had one 600R go down yet in the several years they have been available.

Steve, I really wanted a Polaris but they are pricier. I worry Polaris dealers are so backed up on recalls that if I had a problem the sled may stay too long in the shop waiting for it to get worked on. The Matryx is still the best sled I have ever driven.

And Eastmark. Tell Lisa she can try my new sled if I can try her new Cat Turbo!!!

I thought my new sled would attract all all the women. But after seeing Mark's new Lynx, I will have to settle being his wing man.

mike

Congrats Mike. If the Doo fit my old arthritic hips a little better I would probably still be on one. That 600 of yours is a GREAT sled. I love the new Polaris, and it has been trouble free, but I understand your thoughts about which one to buy. It is a lot of fun to ride it. 

Edited by 800steve

On 11/20/2023 at 10:57 PM, markusvt said:

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm told it may look like this.😏

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_11/image.png.138f8bb2c10a3c3cc2893b3274a9e4a2.png

Love the Red on the Lynx’s.

Mark if a guy is riding 90% groomed trail is the Lynx a viable option or would a Renegade be a better option?

RAVE RE and Renegade are both 137.  Renegade XRS has the best suspension Ski-Doo offers in a trail sled.  Lynx is next step up, more like a "XRS+".  It's geared towards stability in the bumps.  Sit and cruise guys will be more happy with the Ski-Doo options.  I like them both 😏

Edited by markusvt

8 hours ago, markusvt said:

RAVE RE and Renegade are both 137.  Renegade XRS has the best suspension Ski-Doo offers in trail sled.  Lynx is next step up, more like a XRS+.  It's geared towards stability in the bumps.  Sit and cruise guys will be more happy with the Ski-Doo.  I like them both 😏

Cutting it close this year?

With just under 23,000 miles on a 900 ACE Blizzard, I decided to get a 2024 renegade adrenaline enduro with a 900 ACE, pilot 5.8 skies (not the TS skies), and KYB front shocks. Love the 10.25 touch screen. Lots of learning time to keep me occupied until snow time.

PXL_20231121_151950600 (1).jpg

7 hours ago, MFARJM said:

With just under 23,000 miles on a 900 ACE Blizzard, I decided to get a 2024 renegade adrenaline enduro with a 900 ACE, pilot 5.8 skies (not the TS skies), and KYB front shocks. Love the 10.25 touch screen. Lots of learning time to keep me occupied until snow time.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_11/1815425565_PXL_20231121_151950600(1).thumb.jpg.26bef954c490f14b6a7d1fc631fbfe7e.jpg

That's a beautiful sled but is that a John Deere model 40 with a 2 cylinder engine