Unable to React to Posts

revrnd

I’ve worked with a few people on this and it seems to be related to older operating systems. I would suggest trying a different computer or phone. However, I just bought a windows 11 computer and there’s another website forum I can’t see because it’s an unsecured https, but it works fine on an iPad.

4 hours ago, markusvt said:

Nothing to do with an old operating system. I'm on the latest Windows 11 and latest Chrome and it does not work.  It's the ancient POS forum software that also gives us the hideous picture posting failure's also, (links instead of imbedded).

Same with me . I also was told it was because of an older computer(at work)and hasn't worked for a few months, but it worked to use it at home, with new computer, it recently doesn't work on the new computer anymore. Also can't scroll thru pages in a post. And also can't open the pinned area region forecasts.

Edited by NSHM

If anyone wants to try this, it worked for me on another forum, but who knows if that will solve the problems here. I'm sure it's different for every browser and operating system, so you may have to do things different. I'm using the latest Chrome on Windows 11.

If you go up to the URL section at the top, you'll see "Not secure". Left-click on it and select "Site settings", a new tab will appear as shown below. Select "Privacy and security". Scroll down to "insecure content" and set it "Allow". I also did this for "pop-ups and redirects" and "intrusive ads" for the heck of it. Note that this only effects quebecrider and none of the other sites you visit.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_01/image.png.13bbe3ff941c93cb6355c82f0e1cd150.png

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_01/image.thumb.png.ca9b127b7f6876d4ba4f4133f905ee67.png

image.png

42 minutes ago, scorpionbowl said:

If you go up to the URL section at the top, you'll see "Not secure". Left-click on it and select "Site settings", a new tab will appear as shown below. Select "Privacy and security". Scroll down to "insecure content" and set it "Allow". I also did this for "pop-ups and redirects" and "intrusive ads" for the heck of it. Note that this only effects quebecrider and none of the other sites you visit.

Thank you scorpionbowl! Your solution worked for me and I'm using Windows 10

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Thank you scorpionbowl! Your solution worked for me and I'm using Windows 10

Me as well. T H A N K  Y O U !

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 8.42.55 PM.png

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

On 1/6/2024 at 2:49 PM, scorpionbowl said:

This worked dreamy-like for me, thanks!  And thanks all for the workarounds!  Of course this community is jampacked with MacGyver fixers!

That said, there are plenty of level-headed folks here weighing in on upgrading the platform, not that my 2 remaining brain cells would be enthusiastic about learning any kinda new stuff... But I need to say if there's an assessment to make our little corner of the world a better place I'd be all for making that contribution!

And THAT said, I'll bet a new & improved platform would have dues/accounting info in our profile, but in the meantime, how do I know when it's my time to throw in?

Thank you thank you,

By the way, while we're here, been busy rehabbing the brake-hand repair 8/31 & the 2nd shoulder replacement 11/8, so docs said I should be OK to ride by March 1st, woo hoo!...

20230913_231023.jpg

20231116_023058.jpg

20231118_143542.jpg

2 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Heal up soon my friend!

Sorry to be off topc: Thanks lots! I'm kinda good to go, according to the voices in my head, but I know if I honk on the rotator cuffs (tendons & ligaments & muscles) too soon I'm gonna screw myself up permanently, so tic-toc... gotta stay out of trouble till 3/1, went to DR last month, going Couch-Surfing in Fla next week, should be OK as long as the margaritas are under 5lbs each!

20231215_153320.jpg

20231215_152232.jpg