God …I love this S;$T

snowmaster2112

On 1/27/2022 at 8:20 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

Me first 487.00 Canadian  "out the door"

LOL

I'm going to "revise" my estimate. 1599.00 (or less) Canadian, out the door, running like new. This after further consulting my best buds who witnessed all this go down. That 1200 motor (IMO) is just to damn strong and forgiving even after the shit and negligence I put her through. My worst case thought is a head gasket or new head. And if that's the case I will do it over the summer. I get BRP OEM parts at 20%, no tax and free shipping.

Until I hear from Nautico will seem like forever......

Awesome cinema photography 

I didn’t watch that Viking series but most likely will now.

I looked around for 1200 engines just for giggles. Next to nothing out there and certainly nothing you would chance dropping in a sled that goes where mine does. I even called Al’s in Vermont- NOTHING. And when you go on the net and look for used 1200’s (US & Canada) the prices people are asking is just STUPID crazy.

I have too much invested emotionally and financially in my Enduro to let her go down like the Viking ship. She has a brand new 1.5 Ice Ripper, brand new E-drive 2 clutch (just because I got a steal on a new one for 400 bucks), new DuPont sliders, new 7” carbides, all new chain case parts, new 4th wheel kit, new heavy duty rear bumper, etc. Plus…. I have racks, bags, gps mount, custom LED lights and BRP front LED, Ride Light mount. Hell, I even have a horn on it … LOL

I’m so used to this machine and everything on it (that just works perfect for me 99% of the time) that I don’t want to even consider (or pay) for something “supposedly “ new and better. Let alone the extra time and money it would take to get the sled all set up for touring.

would I like a new 2022 Enduro turboR with all the bags and setup? Absolutely, but shelling out 20K + isn’t in the cards for me at the moment. Wife would go off the deep end and we can’t have that. That woman has given me a pass (mostly) for the last 25+ years and the UN-GODLY amount of money I have spent on this sport.

So, whatever it takes to revive the “old gal” will be done. Hell, I can get a factory rebuild 1200 long block (part # 421000678) for 4300.00 my cost, no tax.

So, no matter what the diagnosis and estimate is she WILL NOT be going down in flames like the Viking ship.

Edited by snowmaster2112

27 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Awesome cinema photography 

I didn’t watch that Viking series but most likely will now.

I looked around for 1200 engines just for giggles. Next to nothing out there and certainly nothing you would chance dropping in a sled that goes where mine does. I even called Al’s in Vermont- NOTHING. And when you go on the net and look for used 1200’s (US & Canada) the prices people are asking is just STUPID crazy.

I have too much invested emotionally and financially in my Enduro to let her go down like the Viking ship. She has a brand new 1.5 Ice Ripper, brand new E-drive 2 clutch (just because I got a steal on a new one for 400 bucks), new DuPont sliders, new 7” carbides, all new chain case parts, new 4th wheel kit, new heavy duty rear bumper, etc. Plus…. I have racks, bags, gps mount, custom LED lights and BRP front LED, Ride Light mount. Hell, I even have a horn on it … LOL

I’m so used to this machine and everything on it (that just works perfect for me 99% of the time) that I don’t want to even consider (or pay) for something “supposedly “ new and better. Let alone the extra time and money it would take to get the sled all set up for touring.

would I like a new 2022 Enduro turboR with all the bags and setup? Absolutely, but shelling out 20K + isn’t in the cards for me at the moment. Wife would go off the deep end and we can’t have that. That woman has given me a pass (mostly) for the last 25+ years and the UN-GODLY amount of money I have spent on this sport.

So, whatever it takes to revive the “old gal” will be done. Hell, I can get a factory rebuild 1200 long block (part # 421000678) for 4300.00 my cost, no tax.

So, no matter what the diagnosis and estimate is she WILL NOT be going down in flames like the Viking ship.

Keep us posted on what went wrong. We have a few 1200s in our group with over 20,000 miles with no issues, but we all know S;"T happens all the time. Good luck with your repairs.

28 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

With all the other goodies you put on her, Bite the bullet take no chances.

you wanna play you gotta pay$$$$

No sense taking a chance. Say it is a head gasket and needs new head. Great you do that then first run with it next time she gives up the bottom end for who knows what reason. Not worth it. 

Put the long block in it. Keep on riding it like you stole it. 

421000678 is a rebuilt long block, it' in stock at BRP so no issues there.  Retail is $ 5,339.99. $4300 is 15% over cost, good deal for sure.  If the rest of the sled is clean and knowing the current new/used sled market its worth doing if needed.

47 minutes ago, smclelan said:

23,000 miles and counting on my 1200 Renegade 2010.  I have had two different people try to buy it this wknd.

I've seen some pretty high mileage 4 strokes in Quebec....lots in the 25k range...saw a Yamaha vector with 35 on it....but the most I've seen...an rx1 in Mount St. Pierre with ....51k on it, getting the valves adjusted and carbs cleaned...the guy told me....the only thing he never has to replace or work on ...was the engine!!

And there is a guy from Parent an older fella who is a regular at the bar at The Central who has a 1988 Indy 500...with 35k...and it's pretty worn...but still runs well....pretty amazing how tough some of these sleds are...you get out into the bush and there are some old high mileage sleds still running every day

12 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

I've seen some pretty high mileage 4 strokes in Quebec....lots in the 25k range...saw a Yamaha vector with 35 on it....but the most I've seen...an rx1 in Mount St. Pierre with ....51k on it, getting the valves adjusted and carbs cleaned...the guy told me....the only thing he never has to replace or work on ...was the engine!!

I met a guy around Mont St Pierre several years ago with an Rx-1 with 35K on it.  Likely the same chap.

6 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Rising a sled at high mileage isn't an exploit... rising a sled at high mileage without major breakdown on the trail is what is important and hard to do. Burned stator plate, broken drive or jackshaft or an electrical gremlin can ruined a trip pretty fast, as well as a broken rear shock that decided to get is way through the track... all those problems(and much more others) are pretty hard to predict or avoid with the regular maintenance and are more and more at risk to happen as the sled get older.

By example my 25k miles yammy last season, even with a darn heavy maintenance check had forced me to cancel 2 rides. One time with a broken exhaust that I had verified and welded the fall before and the other time with a failed stator plate that die just as I was leaving home... (good idea to have a voltmeter on the dash, I had been able to come back home before getting in trouble)

Most people will show the odometer but won't tell you the whole story...

57 minutes ago, towing said:

Rising a sled at high mileage isn't an exploit... rising a sled at high mileage without major breakdown on the trail is what is important and hard to do. Burned stator plate, broken drive or jackshaft or an electrical gremlin can ruined a trip pretty fast, as well as a broken rear shock that decided to get is way through the track... all those problems(and much more others) are pretty hard to predict or avoid with the regular maintenance and are more and more at risk to happen as the sled get older.

By example my 25k miles yammy last season, even with a darn heavy maintenance check had forced me to cancel 2 rides. One time with a broken exhaust that I had verified and welded the fall before and the other time with a failed stator plate that die just as I was leaving home... (good idea to have a voltmeter on the dash, I had been able to come back home before getting in trouble)

Most people will show the odometer but won't tell you the whole story...

Absolutely “amen” to everything you post Alain. Important to remember that ANYTHING can go wrong even with a brand new machine. Certainly the chances are much lower but there have been plenty of people left “high and dry” before the machine had 500 mi. on it. 

We all do the best we can and that’s all you can do.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:38 AM, snowmaster2112 said:

have too much invested emotionally and financially in my Enduro to let her go down like the Viking ship. She has a brand new 1.5 Ice Ripper, brand new E-drive 2 clutch (just because I got a steal on a new one for 400 bucks), new DuPont sliders, new 7” carbides, all new chain case parts, new 4th wheel kit, new heavy duty rear bumper, etc. Plus…. I have racks, bags, gps mount, custom LED lights and BRP front LED, Ride Light mount. Hell, I even have a horn on it … LOL

Plus the major value-adding stickie!...

20220126_150544.jpg

One thing is for sure. The sticker will be responsible for whatever the outcome with my sled is.

if the dealer calls and says sled is ready and the total is 418.00 it’s the sticker .

if they call and say your toast it’s the sticker.  :)